Comprehensive Eye Care
Promenade Optometry & LASIK knows that you deserve the best access to the best eye care that is available regardless of where you live; and the most important component of receiving quality eye care is a comprehensive eye exam. Receiving an annual eye exam ensures the health of your eyes and the clarity of your vision no matter what age you are.
It is estimated that nearly 3 million adults are living with glaucoma in America, half of whom are not aware they have it. Getting an eye exam could lead to the detection of vision problems, eye conditions or illnesses, and protect the health of your eyes for years come.
Do I need an Eye Exam?
There are many signs that it is time to have your vision tested and your eyes examined:
- Eye strain, headaches, or blurred vision after spending lots of time at a computer
- You have difficulty driving at night, or reading street signs (especially in the dark)
- You don’t remember the last time you recieved and eye exam; if it’s been over a year it’s time to schedule an appointment
- Your eyes are red, itchy or dry
- You are seeing spots or flashes of light
- You get dizzy or have trouble following a moving target
- You find yourself holding reading materials away from your face
- You squint, or close one eye to see things clearly
- You have diabetes or another health condition that affects your eyes. Also, if you have a family history of conditions like diabetes or glaucoma you may need exams more often, especially as you age
Book an Appointment
The first step towards excellent eye health is having an annual exam. Patients may book online, or call our office for scheduling.Book Now
A basic eye exam will inspect your vision for farsightedness, nearsightedness, astigmatism, and other defects in your vision. This 'spectacle' exam will get you a prescription for corrective lenses. This is the exam patients schedule to determine whether or not they need to wear glasses. Our doctors will check your peripheral vision, take photos of your pupils, and ensure your overal eye health.
in addition to a regular exam
If you are interested in wearing contact lenses, be sure to let us know when you make an appointment. Contacts require a separate exam in order to carefully measure your eyes, determine the best style and fit of lenses. This type of exam will also include trial lenses, fitting, training, and a follow up visit.
Lasik surgery is a stress free, minimally invasive procedure that can change your life and eliminate your need for daily glasses or contacts. Schedule a free consultation to determine if you are a candidate. Surgery is preformed in our office bi-monthly. Read More.
In addition to eye emergencies, we also handle general eye health needs. Our doctors can look for and treat symptoms of eye diseases, infections, and deterioration. We are equipped to diagnose glaucoma and other diseases that may impair your vision.